Director of Mobile Bar Hire Ltd, Mr Avtar Sandhu was today invited to Buckingham Palace to receive his Member of the British Empire (MBE) Medal. Mr Sandhu has been honoured by Her Majesty the Queen for his ‘Services to the Community in North West Kent’. Avtar Sandhu MBE, 44 year old father of two has been working closely with many different community groups for approx. in excess of 20 years. When he heard of this announcment earlier this year he was ver surprised. Having been to the Palace today Mr Sandhu said ” The medal was presented to me by Princess Ann, we spoke briefly about my community work and my business of Mobile Bar Hire, I am pleased and honoured to have been recognised for my achievemnts”. Back in the office of Mobile Bar Hire the team were preparing for a celebration after their bosses historic achievment. This is yet another great achievment by a director of a buiness within the hospitality industry.
This years BBC Children In Need event was again assisted by Mobile Bar Hire Ltd. As in 2008, this Kent/South London based bar hire company sponsored the fundraising event held at Amar Hall in Dartford. In a did to help the venue beat last years target of £1050, members of Mobile Bar Hire Ltd, took BBC’s Pudsey bear around their industrial estate to ‘muster’ more support for the charity. The company assisted by provideing the bar staff for the venue and hence keeping costs for the running of the event to a bear minimum. Avtar Sandhu MBE, from Amar Hall said “With the assistance of companies such as Mobile Bar Hire and Mobile Casino Hire, the costs for the running of this curry night we very, very low. Thanks to all the businesses who supported the event, we beat last years target and raised a total of £1205 for the BBC Children In Need Charity”. This event too place on Friday 6th November 2009 in Dartford Kent. Cheap Bar is pleased to be able to report this news on a company within the industry who does so much to support others.
This company is often sponsoring and supporting events for all different types of good causes up and down the country.
When planning your Wedding Day, when booking a caterer please make sure;
- Your caterer is registered with the Health and Safety department in your local Council, they will be able to tell you if they have any complaints on file.
- They must hold a current Food Hygiene Certificate.
- They understand your needs and requirements for your important event, and that they are willing to listen to you.
- It is within your rights to ask to view your place of prepping the food.
- View the china, glass, ware and cutlery. Making sure all meets your approval.
- All food must be transported hygienically and temperature control is met at all times, not only transporting but also on site. Food should at the correct temperature when presented on your buffet table and consumed within 4 hours. This is a good reason not to cater your own event. Often when this happens the food is not chilled or kept at the correct temperature causing food poisoning.
- A good menu choice, and ones that can be altered to meet your needs. This is probably classed as one of the most important decisions you need to make with regards to the Wedding Reception.
- Most of all you must get on with the caterer, as this is a most important part of your event, sour faces poor staff and food can destroy your day.
- Ask for previous customer reports, or to view an event prior to booking.
If you are unsure about good reputable caterers in your area, please contact our office, here at Cheap Bar Hire we often have details of wedding caterers we have used or worked well with.
Keep an eye on this web site for more ideas, tips and advise from Wedding Bar Hire.